Friday, October 13, 2006

Dream on, Mrs. Mitty

Doesn't pay to think, some days.

Just fifteen minutes ago, I was thinking how very nice it was that DH and DS were really understanding my need for quiet writing time, and leaving me to it, and picking up the slack I was creating in household chores.

Well, pop that dream bubble. {g} Two minutes ago, just as I started warming up to some rewriting in the fantasy novel, DH comes in and says, “I need your help.”

Ah, well. It's nice to be needed, too. {s}

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Heeee. Your house sounds just like my house. *g*

Mrs. Mitty said...

I suspected I wasn't alone there... {g}

Good to know for sure. ;)

Cindy said...

Dear Mrs.Mitty:

No clean coffee cups? Where are my pants? Hold the end of this thing while I bash it with a hammer? Will you play dinkies with me? (S)

Yup. Been there. I'm lucky, though. DH is truly supportive.

Mrs. Mitty said...

Dear Cindy,

Ayep, you've got it. But I have to say, if DH asked me if I wanted to play Dinkies with him... No maybe I better not say.

So what *is* Dinkies, anyway? LOL

M

Cindy said...

*cough*

Dinkies. Dinkie Cars? Hot Wheels. My son has them, it's a common request of his. Husband, well, he likes to play other things. (insert cackle here)

Mrs. Mitty said...

Ooooh, Hot Wheels. Okay. ;D

I've heard of *those*. And Match-Box Cars. Just not Dinkies. :D

{cackling madly}