Saturday, November 04, 2006

I Think I Can, I Think I Can...

So, October rather fell apart as far as writing goes. I don't think I topped 1000 words for the month. (OTOH, it's 1000 more than I wrote last October.)

So, on to November! I set a goal of 500 measly words a week. If I can't do *that* something is seriously wrong and I shall have to have a severe talk with myself, in addition to letting everyone call me a wannabee.

In the writing I did manage last month, one unexpected thing happened. Well, two things.

1) Jerlann became Jerlanna. Whoopdeedoo! But, the reason she got a mini-name change, is because 2) she is going to become more involved in the story and needs a nickname and I didn't want it to be Lann or Ann. Lanna seems nicer. If I am right, she's going to become one of the Maru. (And here I thought she was just going to be a bratty little sister we'd see the last of in chapter one.)

UNLESS...this is just one of those wild hares the Muse throws out across your path to see if you'll run after it...while she sits back and laughs and calls out, "Just kidding!"

We shall see...

No comments: