Friday, July 21, 2006

Work, Work, Work

Okay, I haven't set any specific goals for the last few days but I have been working. (My goal for the month was 15,000 words, and I think I'm about there now.) I've got the first draft of the final chapter of the western underway. No, this doesn't mean I'm done with the first draft of the book, since I'm not writing it in order, but I know enough of the other events in the story now that the final chapter can be written - at least roughly.

I suppose I could have written the final chapter first, considering that I've known from the beginning what the ending was going to be. But, I've been writing scenes and chapters as the spirit moved me, and just lately, it's moved me to the finale.

***
TRACKING...

Yesterday's Big Accomplishment:
Started the final chapter of the western.

Today's Target:
Continue roughing out the final chapter.

On the Percolator:
What happens next at the riverside in fantasy?

5 comments:

Cindy said...

You're there with a few days to spare, excellent!! I can't decided if I'm a chunk writer, or not.
How many words on your WIP altogether?

Renée (R.E.) Chambliss said...

Congratulations meeting your goal for Jula and for wrapping up that last chapter! How did it feel? (I know you've more writing to do, but knowing how the story ends is huge!)

Renée (R.E.) Chambliss said...

BTW, that's supposed to say "July" above--not "Jula". Oops!

Mrs. Mitty said...

Thanks, ladies. Gosh, you know, I was hoping nobody would ask how many words altogether. [g] My "system" of organization is rather...not very organized. Last time I figured a count was last fall and I had about 68,000 or 69,000-something words. I'd have to guess now...about 80,000ish. Threw some out, added some...you know how it goes. As for working on the final chapter, it was great! Got one of those bursts of inspiration (or whatever it is) that sometimes comes and lets you just rip through and get a lot of good material down on the first run at it. Fun!

Mrs. Mitty said...

Gee, thanks, Best4! :)