Tuesday, July 18, 2006

This 'n That

My, my, time is flying. Before I know it, summer will be gone and I’ll be back to my day job – my paying job, more to the point. Boo hoo. Well, I suppose it’s a necessary evil*. Certainly right about now it’s seeming more necessary than evil. Being broke sucks, that’s for sure.

* Not really evil, however. I actually like my job. Love working with kids and with computers, and that’s almost all of what the job is, so I have no complaints (except the fact that I’m not independently wealthy without having to work at all).

I’ve finished the SFD (emphasis on S) of the funeral chapter in the western! Thank you, Lord! It definitely needs a red pen and a lot of filling-in, but I have the essence of it down at least. Onward!

Today’s brainstorm was headpieces that Kailia’s people wear in the fantasy story. Don’t ask me where it came from, other than the need to keep their hair out of their faces, but they’re fairly intricate, involving status and clan indicators as well as serving a practical purpose.

In the fantasy, Grayce has been introduced and has just discovered some of Kailia’s specialness. We left him with his mouth gaping. Hope he doesn’t catch any flies.

* * *

TRACKING…

Yesterday's Big Accomplishment:
Finished the first draft of the funeral chapter. Yahoo! Did a little ordering of the chapters.

Today's Target:
500 words on the farewell chapter in western; journaling.

On the Percolator:
Kailia's Big Thing again...
 

No comments: