Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Life Again

I didn't imagine I'd be posting this news so soon, but my dear father-in-law has passed on already. He went gently, surrounded by his big loving family, so we are very grateful for that.

I was so lucky to have him for a Dad for 28 years (I lost my own Dad at 14). I couldn't have wished for a better second Dad (and I told him that several times over the years).

He was "Mr. Goodwrench" to a lot of people, a skilled auto mechanic who bore a startling resemblance to the advertising world's Mr. Goodwrench. And he was the guy who could fix anything with duct tape. But most importantly, he was a good man, a good husband and father, a good friend, and a beautiful example for living with morals, values and priorities in order.

He will be greatly missed.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh, Mrs. Mitty, I'm so sorry. Sometimes it seems like it's the bad news that actually brings the end, but I'm glad there wasn't extended suffering and a lot of empty, waiting hours for you and your husband and family.

It sounds like he was a warm and wonderful man. I'll say a prayer.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad the family was there for him.

I'll be thinking of you.

Mrs. Mitty said...

Dear Cindy,

Thank you so much for the condolences and prayer. Yes, we really are all glad for him especially that the end came quickly. He would have hated for it to be otherwise - for our sakes more than for himself. He was indeed a warm and wonderful man.

M

Mrs. Mitty said...

Dear Sara,

Thank you so much for your kind words and good thoughts. That's what's been getting us through these last several days.

M