Thursday, January 04, 2007

Getting On

We've spent more time with in-town, out-of-town, and out-of-state family in the past week than we typically do in a year. It's been good to have everyone here, and good to hear all the family stories told again. But it's also been exhausting, and it's time to make our way back to routine.

Tomorrow I go back to work at my day job, and tonight I will at least do this blog post and take a look at one of my WIPs. Between the usual Christmas chaos and Dad's brief illness and passing, I have written nothing in the past three weeks.

The western still needs to have all the holes plugged with something before I can call it a complete first draft. It was my (perhaps unrealistic) plan to get that done over the holiday break from school. But I think I forgot we were going to be doing all that HOLIDAY stuff then. ::Making note to adjust goals accordingly for next December.::

So there. I've written a blog entry, and now I'm off to spend a few minutes looking at one of the WIPs, see where I've left off, and try to decide what to work on tomorrow.

Hope you all are doing fine and I wish you the best of Happy New Years!

No comments: